December 10, 2013
The new Rexel Welshpool store has officially opened as of the 9th of December 2013. Rexel Welshpool is Western Australia’s largest electrical wholesale store and represents the companies’ vision for the future as we push to solidify ourselves as the premium wholesale brand in the region!
The new building at 75 Division Street, Welshpool stands at 3700m2 and will hold over 6000 products allowing the branch to have unrivaled stock range and availability. The branch is also the first example of our new look merchandising and has the first selection centre in trained staff work with end users to provide the best and most up to date energy saving solutions. Rexel Welshpool has also expanded its offer to customers including categories such as Data and Comms, Energy Efficient Lighting and Solar and Wind Power generation.
Rexel Welshpool also includes a new distribution centre for our branches in Western Australia. Based around the successful Rexel Logistic model the Welshpool distribution centre allows our branches to increase customer service by drastically decreasing stock delivery time and increasing availability. The distribution centre also includes WA’s largest wholesale cable warehouse allowing our network to carry a diverse range of cable to meet our customer’s needs.
As the mining boom slows down and the shape of the Western Australian market changes Rexel Welshpool is well positioned to establish itself as the bench mark in electrical wholesaling in the region providing unparalleled stock availability and ranging. The distribution centre and cable warehouse gives local branches access to a broad range of products and increases efficiency in delivery time. Investment and retention of quality staff and expansion of the products offered to customer’s leaves the branch in good stead for the future.
Drop in and have a chat with Daniel Lavery and the team to see how they can help you.
December 9, 2013
Following the launch of WebMobile & the successful iOS App for smart phone devices, Rexel Australia is now focused on providing a valuable mobile resource for Andriod users!
This resource is an Android mobile App that aims to provide useful features & functions to benefit our valued customers including:
- Quick Access to meaningful industry news
- A comprehensive Store Finder, so you can quickly find you’re closest Rexel branch where ever your work takes you in Australia.
- Reference material to assist you with quick calculations, fact checking or conversions.
- Feedback & Social Media – this will let our customers have their say, start community discussions on Twitter or Facebook and tell us what’s important to them.
- Access to all things Rexel including an active link to your account information via our online WebMobile store.
- Promotions and detailed Product information are also at customers fingertips.
- There is much more to come as the Apps grow & evolve based on customer feedback.
The Rexel Android app will be available on the PLAY store in late December 2013. Be sure to keep an eye out for it!
November 29, 2013
A Clean Energy Council program to give consumers increased confidence when purchasing solar power systems was recently launched by Federal Environment Minister Greg Hunt.
Clean Energy Council Deputy Chief Executive Kane Thornton said people had a lot of things to consider when making a major purchase such as a solar energy system, and the process could be confusing. “By choosing to buy from a business that has signed up to our voluntary Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct, you are choosing a business which has committed to a higher standard of quality and service. They will also provide a minimum five-year warranty on the whole of your solar power system,” he said.
“This program is designed to give peace of mind to people who are making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them purchase the best product available. “The solar industry is well regulated, with all systems needing to meet Australian standards and be installed by a specially trained and accredited solar installer. This code is another important step that provides consumers with even greater confidence, and the ability to select a retailer who guarantees a high level of customer service.” Customers will be able to identify businesses that have signed up to the Code of Conduct by a special Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer logo. A full list of approved retailers can be found at HERE and the program has been authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Customers can expect that a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer will:
Read more »
November 26, 2013
“New Australian Industry (Ai) Group research that has been released reveals the widespread use of non-conforming products across the building and construction sector. An extremely large proportion (92%) of companies responding to the AiGroup survey reported non-conforming products in their supply chains. This raises important questions about quality and safety and it poses serious commercial challenges for the businesses that do play by the rules,” said Ai Group Chief Executive, Innes Willox.
“The report - The quest for a level playing field: The non-conforming building products dilemma – is based on a survey of more than 220 individuals and organisations across manufacturing, fabrication, supply and building industries and face to face meetings with over 240 industry participants. Almost half of businesses surveyed (45%) reported lost revenue, reduced margins or lower employment numbers due to non-conforming products in the steel, electrical, glass and aluminium, and engineered wood sectors. The majority of the non-conforming products do not meet regulatory, Australian or industry standards. Others are not fit for their intended purpose, are not of acceptable quality, contain false or misleading claims or are counterfeit product.
“In addition to evidence of non-conforming products, the report also reveals significant confusion among companies about how to identify non-conforming products and who to report them to.
Read more »
November 14, 2013
Powersafe Products is an Australian owned company manufacturing high quality multi outlet portable power distribution equipment. Tough enough to cope with the knocks of a mine site, the demands of a construction site or the high usage of an outdoor concert or major festival, Powersafe boards are designed for commercial and industrial applications.
The LB01 is the Powerhouse of the Powersafe Fleet. The ultimate solution for portable power distribution on construction sites, mine sites and major events. The LB01will ensure the safety of your workers with all outlets beingprotected by multiple circuit breakers and RCD’s. The LB01 is completely portable which means you get to enjoy considerable savings on site set up costs. When you finish one job you just pick it up and take it to the next one.
Socket Outlet Summary
- 10 x 10/15 amp IP66 auto switched outlets
- 3 x 32 amp 5 pin 3 phase switched socket outlets
- 1 x 20 amp 5 pin 3 phase switched socket outlet
- 1 x 50 or CEE Form 63 amp 5 pin 3 phase switched socket outlet not RCD protected for cascading to other distribution boards
- Optional window locks available
Dimensions: 420mm long x 420mm wide x 540mm high to the top of the handle.
Weight: 21Kg approx
Features / Benefits:
- Available in 56 Style or CEE Form (European)
- All 3 phase outlets have on/off switches
- Multiple RCD/MCB protection
- 240 volt outlets are auto switched for added safety.
- Replacement parts are readily available from electrical wholesalers (56 series style).
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH FOR A QUOTE !!
CCG commenced production of the unique patented Captive Cone Gland in 1972 employing just 10 people. Today CCG is recognised as one of the major specialised manufacturers of cable glands and junction boxes in the world employing over 200 dedicated people. From the beginning CCG has placed emphasis on the user’s input to enhance design innovation.
The Barrier Gland for Steel and Aluminium armoured cable has many features and benefits:
- For use indoors, outdoors and hazardous area with unfilled hygroscopic multicore cables
- Two part handling, no loose parts
- Captive cone and cone ring provides and armoured clamp and earth bond for steel wire armour and aluminium armour
- Instantly mixed and injected resin
- Resin forms 100% barriers seal around the individual cores of the cable
- Prevents gas and moisture transmitting down cable
- Prevents explosive gases transmitting down cable
- Type: E1EX-QS
- Gland material: Brass (Nickel Plated), Stainless steal
- Seal material: Elastomeric Polymer, Quick setting barrier resin
- Cable type: Steel wire armour, Aluminium armour
- Armour clamping: Captive cone and cone ring
- Sealing area: Inner and outer sheath
- Optional accessories: Adapter, Earth tag, Hex spanner, Locknut, Reducer and Shroud
CLICK HERE for the Installation Standards and Fitting Instructions
NEED A QUOTE ON THIS PRODUCT?? CLICK HERE TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
The versatile ‘Eclipse’ industrial grade luminaire has been designed with the end user in mind. Designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia using the latest high tech components and materials – as well as the most reliable energy efficient lamp technology on the market … T5 fluorescent
‘ECLIPSE’ Certificate of Approval SAA121544
- Manufactured with advanced composite materials for strength and long life – giving you peace of mind, value for money and confidence in your investment.
- Innovative Australian design has created rotational lenses allowing the light source to be directed to exactly where it is needed. You can now customise your installation fitting by fitting – giving you the ultimate in flexibility and solutions to demanding lighting projects.
- ’Eclipse’ incorporates the worlds’ most economical, high performance energy saving lamp – T5. Specifically designed to save you energy and ongoing maintenance costs. Long life lamps (>58,000 hours) give you proven world beating performance, reliability and value for money. They also keep OHS managers happy and workers safe by enclosing and capturing glass lamps.
- An IP 66 rating with short seal technology ensures the luminaire is protected from dust, water and insect intrusion giving you a fitting you can use with confidence inside and outside in extreme environments.
- State of the art electronics combine maximum performance with long life thereby reducing your maintenance and energy costs. Options include dimming, presence detection, daylight sensing and trunking for ease of installation.
NEED TO TALK WITH YOUR LOCAL BRANCH? CLICK HERE!
Cooper Crouse-Hinds understands mining challenges and delivers solutions
Few industries are as heavily dependant on quality lighting as the mining industry. Whether the requirement is to safely illuminate the depths of a mine shaft, to adequately light up the expanses of an open pit mine, or to provide a robust energy efficient lighting solution for processing plants, Cooper Crouse-Hinds has a comprehensive range of solutions for every
Ideal for a variety of non-hazardous applications such as mining, food processing, marine, wastewater treatment, heavy manufacturing, and general wash-down areas.
- Choice of Type II or Type V high effi ciency AccuLED optics designed to shape light distribution for maximizing efficiency and application spacing
- 50,000+ hour life with >70% lumen maintenance
- 4000K (± 275) CCT and nominal 70 CRI
- 98 lumens per watt; 0.9 power factor
- White light – provides superior color rendering and ambient clarity. Optics are precisely designed to shape the distribution, maximizing efficiency and application spacing.
- Energy effi ciency and longer life – 50,000 hours rated life and up to 59% more energy-effi cient than the 70W high pressure sodium equivalent.
- Reduction in light pollution – controlled distribution of light means far less light loss.
- IP66 ingress protection rating and -30°C to 50°C ambient temperature rating – ensures trouble-free operation in a variety of harsh and complex applications.
- Junction box – polycarbonate, IP66 rated, four screws to access cover, double row terminal box to expedite installation.
LOOKING FOR A QUOTE? CLICK HERE TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
October 25, 2013
There have been a lot of concerns around the construction industry of late relating to wiring standards and this has shown that safety standards need to increase to avoid any potential workplace incidents.
Master Electricians Australia (MEA) General Manager – Services Development Mark Dearlove said the building and construction industry and unions had identified an increasing trend in safety breaches for wiring work on construction sites.
“Many electricians largely conduct electrical wiring work on domestic and commercial installations and simply aren’t aware there are a different set of safety requirements surrounding wiring on construction sites,” Mr Dearlove said.
“It is industry’s expectation that all electrical workers understand and apply construction standards when conducting wiring work on construction sites.”Due to industry concerns, Mr Dearlove said MEA was rolling out a new online Construction Wiring course
to improve safety standards for the sector.
“The course aims to provide an understanding of construction wiring principles to generate more awareness of the issue and reduce the number of non-compliant cases,” he said. “It will be a benchmark to improve safety standards for construction wiring and give principal contractors confidence in electrical contractors.”
The Construction Wiring course condenses the requirements of AS/NZS 3012:2010 Electrical Installations – Construction and Demolition Sites into a learning format along with the requirements of the Wiring Rules.
MEA is the only organisation offering this course online.